Saturday, April 20, 2013

#manhunt hangover

Yesterday was my day off and I had a lot of stuff today considering there are only a few weeks left until I leave for Las Vegas.  Like most days I had MSNBC on the t.v. while i was working at my desk, but this day was different.  Boston marathon bomber suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was on the loose and the entire city of Boston was locked down while the police searched for him.

This is one of those kind of news stories that you just can't stop watching, like the worst kind of being stuck because at any moment it might all come to an end.  At some point while looking through the twitter feed I found this link for the police scanner stream and following the news story was taken to a whole new level.  I am not sure who creates a stream that broadcasts a specific police scanner channel in real time, but holy hell this added to a complete inability to tear myself away from the desk.  The only thing I can compare this to in my lifetime is watching the footage of the beginning of Desert Storm on CNN in 1991.

The world changes everyday, even if it is only in little ways.  It almost always gives me a hangover on the day after.



No comments:

Post a Comment